Gas Gas have officially launched their new range of bikes unveiling the EC and XC 250 and 300 two strokes to the world.
Gas Gas has completely reinvented its iconic Enduro. The new EC/XC demonstrates total commitment to the very highest quality components. With new frame, engine, suspension, geometry and an endless list of new parts.
Gas Gas is proud to present the new Gas Gas EC/XC, its symbol of renewal. An enduro bike that joins together in one unique formula all the ingredients for maximum reliability, top specs, confidence, versatility, easy to ride and mechanically accessible.
This is an innovative bike from its very conception, designed around a central backbone frame. A structural element in combination with new geometry and top quality suspension (Kayaba front and back), giving the new Gas Gas weapon lightness and sensitivity in riding.
The new Gas Gas EC/XC has been conceived and designed for easy, quick mechanical accessibility, suitable for riders of all levels right across the broad spectrum in the world of enduro, both professional and amateur, thanks to its versatility, power and ease of riding.
The new Gas Gas EC/XC has new geometry for a bike with a visibly lighter and narrower shape, only 105 kg, with a greater turn angle.
The Gas Gas EC/XC 2018 range has a powerful new engine with a new thermodynamic. It is to be manufactured in two capacities (250/300cc), with electric start. It is going to be a delight for riders with even more performance than its two-stroke predecessors.
The model components feature Kayaba suspension, Magura clutch cylinder, the FMF Powercore 2.1 silencer — manufactured exclusively for Gas Gas — Kehin PWK 38 carburettor, Excel wheels and Metzeler Six Days tyres, as well as the Nissan brake calipers and cylinders and the NG discs.
New Bike Components
- Central backbone frame, completely redesigned, less torsional stiffness and low weight
- Aluminium sub-frame with new profiles, lighter and more resistant
- Kayaba (KYB) Ø 48 front fork, AOS (Air/Oil Separation) system, sealed cartridge, adjustable spring rate, compression and rebound
- Kayaba (KYB) monoshock with adjustable rebound and adjustable high and low speed compression
- Greater turn angle
- Black suspension and handlebar clamps
- Fully redesigned aluminium alloy swingarm, optimized and lightened
- Optimised link with wishbone and rocker system, new progressive rear suspension
- Completely redesigned chain guide system and rollers
- Easier chain tensioner adjustment
- Rear axle designed for faster removal
- EXCEL rims with silver galvanized spokes
- NG brake discs
- Narrower petrol tank with a large fuel capacity
- Larger air filter housing volume
- Rapid filter removal system through the side cover number panel
- Inlet system (filter, spider assembly, canister and nozzle)
- Narrower seat with lateral mounting covered with a larger foam base to improve comfort
- Lighter footpegs with more grip and greater surface area
- Nissin rear brake and slave cylinder system
- MAGURA clutch cylinder
- Redesign of the whole body of the motorcycle, narrower, more aggressive and more comfortable
- Radiator grilles
- Fork protectors
- Frame protectors
- Electrical installation and distribution of its components (battery, CDI, starter relay, regulator and coil)
- New multifunction
- LED rear light and headlight
New Engine Components
- Motor Gas Gas EC, new thermodynamic and higher performance
- New crankshaft
- Cylinder with new distribution
- Cylinder head with new strut
- FMF Powercore 2.1 exhaust silencer designed exclusively for Gas Gas
- New refrigeration system
- Improved clutch lubrication system